Saturday, September 20, 2008

Onam PonOnam... :)


That was the Ona-sadhya we had... how does it look ? I do wish we cud have something of a great big feast everyday but, hmmmm....

I love festivals, whichever , whatever.... I used to wait for every reason I cud celebrate. Most of my '''good eats memories'' r mostly thanks to festivals n celebrations... 'cause life is just so busy and mundane otherwise, isn't it?
We do say that we should live every moment to the fullest and make memories and cherish every second of our existence, but, how many of us really do that?
It fun once in a while to have a reason, a festival, a birthday, an aniversary, a something something that makes us pause and take look at what we have, feel happy that we have families to share our life with, feel proud that we have reached some place in our life, even bring back memories of a much innocent childhood.... yaaaa....

Even though i am writing this post, i am still lost in the music and colors that filled my afternoon today. We had gone to a function celebrating Onam today. It was really good.... I just loved the atmosphere, the kids running around, the food, the mood.... I really appreciate the people who put the function together. I loved the kids who performed. It was such a sweet experience.... i remembered the times with my family and those when i was still a student. Somehow it feels so '''a loooong time ago'' (psst... i am not that old), i was never an audience, forever on stage. The organising, the effort, the competition n so on.... and through it all the experiences, the bloopers, the fights, the taste of victory and bitterness of loss and not to forget the amazing companionship of friends. (Ohhh! i miss them ). It seems from another era ... so far, that, its hard to keep a hold on memories... And to top it all, we grow up so soon.

I do cherish the new memories that I make. It was my sons first onam. There is a slang in malayalam that says "njan ninnae kaattilum onam kooduthal unditund" and that says it all. (It means that i have had more onam feasts than u). It just says that somebody is much the wiser and that the person is elder to the other. My son had a good time today... all the colors and attention... and i realised hes almost six months. Time flies.....

No comments: